Collaborative Problem Solving Workshop
Tier 1 Intensive Training Workshop
Presented By: Randi Cooper and Jordan Spikes
Workshop Purpose: Northwest Regional ESD is proud to offer an intensive training workshop in the Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) approach based on the book “Treating the Explosive Child” (Ablon, Greene). Presented by Think:Kids certified professional trainers, Randi Cooper, M.Ed., and Jordan Spikes.
This 2‐1/2 day intensive training is intended for educators, mental health clinicians, parents, and community partners. Relationally based, CPS views challenging behavior as a learning disability of some very crucial cognitive (thinking) skills necessary to handle the demands of everyday life and not the result of a child’s willfulness or poor parenting. Through a more empathetic and accurate understanding of what is getting in a child’s way (preschool—adolescence), we (educators, parents, clinicians) are better able to intervene to support children through a collaborative process of teaching skills and solving problems. For more information about the CPS model visit: www.thinkkids.org.
Time, Date, & Location:
*18-19 March, 2019 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
*20 March, 2019 - 8:00 am to 12:00 noon*Northwest Regional ESD (WA Rooms), 5825 NE Ray Circle, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Cost: $250/per person, includes materials and lunch (no lunch provided on 3/20/19).
If you want to pay with a credit card...
- When registering, under Payment Type, click PayPal at checkout (PayPal account not needed).
- Pay at the end of the registration process by clicking Pay Online.
If you are a NWRESD employee* (Classified or Licensed)...
* Usually indicated by having a nwresd.k12.or.us email address
- There's no need to pay ahead of time because you can request use of HR dollars!
1. Submit your Conference Request to NWRESD HR attaching a copy of the CPS Tier 1 - Spring 2019 Flyer.
· mylearningplan.com > Forms > Classified/Licensed - Conference Requ...
2. Wait for the approval from your Supervisor
3. After you’ve received the approval, register here. Under Payment Type, click the NWRESD Only!!! option.
4. Email a copy or screenshot of the approval to Paul Thompson: email@example.com. He cannot complete your registration without the approval. Your registration will show “awaiting payment” until that time.
If you are from a District or ESD and want to be invoiced…
- When registering, under Payment Type, click Invoice my district or ESD.
- An invoice will be sent to the ESD or district after the training.
Registrations cancelled on or after 3/18/2019 will not be refunded.
Registrations cancelled prior to 3/18/2019 will be refunded 100%.
Audience: Anyone working in school districts likely to refer families to mental health services, such as school district care coordinators, school counselors, school psychologists, SPED case managers, appropriate administrators/teachers, homeless liaisons, staff who work with migrant and immigrant families, etc.
Kendra Staley | 503.614-1762
Paul Thompson | 503.614.1724
Darliene Farrar | 503.614-1433